Stock market quotes, forex, financial news, forex tools – money-investing.com

Cryptocurrency Market News: an attack on the Korean Stock Exchange

Breaking News
Cryptocurrency Market News: an attack on the Korean Stock Exchange
June 11
09:00 2018

The past weekend was extremely difficult for the Korean currency exchange Coinrail. Its representatives reported the theft of a certain amount of alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins) as a result of a successful cyber attack. To counteract hackers, about 70% of Coinrail’s digital assets were transferred to a cold storage. This is a special digital media that does not have access to the global web.

Officials of the affected stock exchange said that active work was being conducted to return stolen assets. MarketWatch writes that the damage is about $ 40 million. Officially, the affected Korean stock exchange did not confirm or deny the amount announced.

The Coinrail Exchange is at the very end of the list of the world’s 100 largest crypto-exchange markets. Nevertheless, the news of a successful cyber attack has brought down the bitcoin rate by 10%. Other popular cryptocurrencies also have suffered: Ethereum, Ripple and Bitcoin Cash rates declined by more than 11% on Sunday.

According to CoinDesk, the bitcoin rate has fallen to below $ 6,700 per unit of a virtual currency. The cryptocurrency has lost more than half of its value this year, currently its rate is 70% lower than the record level – about 20,000 dollars. We recall that this peak occurred in December last year.

Cyber attacks are a serious problem for the cryptocurrency market. According to some estimates, over the past four years, investors have lost $ 1.4 billion due to the sneaky actions of computer pirates.

At the beginning of this year, the Japanese exchange Coincheck Inc suffered from the cyber attack, in February it was the Italian exchange BitGrail.

News from American regulators negatively influenced the bitcoin rate and other popular currencies too. Cryptocurrency exchanges are now obliged to provide data on the trading processes in the investigation of possible cryptocurrency  manipulations in the futures market.

The material was prepared with the participation of Katya Gordon,
a leading analyst of the brokerage company CT Trade

Related Articles

8 Comments

1. Dexter Groholski
    Dexter Groholski September 21, 08:13

Nice post. Do you have any other ones you can stick? I love super stuff. 🙂

2. Debrah Feuerberg
    Debrah Feuerberg October 25, 23:54

I do agree with all the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for starters. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

3. Samara Mince
    Samara Mince October 26, 02:13

There are some fascinating deadlines on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like extra! Added to FeedBurner as effectively

4. Stevie Odiase
    Stevie Odiase October 26, 11:11

I enjoy you because of every one of your effort on this site. My niece loves getting into investigation and it’s really easy to see why. A number of us notice all about the lively mode you present advantageous guidance through the web blog and cause contribution from some other people on that theme while our daughter is truly discovering a great deal. Enjoy the rest of the year. Your conducting a really good job.

5. Damien Awe
    Damien Awe October 26, 22:47

I am curious to find out what blog platform you have been working with? I’m having some small security issues with my latest site and I’d like to find something more safe. Do you have any recommendations?

6. Justine Cordasco
    Justine Cordasco October 27, 03:11

Hello, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a little out of track! come on!

7. Lillie Welling
    Lillie Welling November 12, 11:44

Wohh exactly what I was looking for, thanks for putting up.

8. conradrobison
    conradrobison April 14, 23:47

Its like you read my mind! You seem to understand so much approximately this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something.
    I feel that you can do with some percent to force the message house a little bit,
    however instead of that, this is great blog. A fantastic read.
    I’ll certainly be back.